Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday, September 24, 2010

Andrew recently introduced me to the band The Protomen by sending me a link to one of their songs:

http://www.protomen.com/lightupthenight/

Here were my initial reactions to hearing it, in the order they occurred:

"No."

"This sounds familiar."

"Is this from the '80s or is it current?"

"Oh, dear lord, it's current."

"Why...."

"American kids will listen to anything."

"The only way to like this is ironically, and I don't believe in liking songs ironically."

"It's about Mega Man?"

"It's about MEGA MAN??????"

"What else could the graduates of the Middle Tennessee State University recording program have done with their time rather than compose and perform this music?"

"Probably nothing significant."

"Modern life is rubbish."

"I haven't had a cheesesteak in a while."

"So, it just keeps looping, then?"

"I could leave this playing, take an overdose of Flintstones chewable vitamins, and fade into a warm haze where nothing could ever hurt me again."

"It's actually oddly hypnotic."

"Certainly, some serious talent went into making this."

"It's good that some people realize what their purpose in life is and follow it unquestioningly."

"Well, so much for the rest of my day."

"Just no."

No comments:

Post a Comment